Admissions requirements include a strong graduate preparation in biological sciences. This would typically include appointment as a postdoctoral fellow with a Ph D. degree in a relevant topic at USC, appointment as a clinician scientist at USC as a faculty, resident or fellow with relevant basic science preparation, and/or acquisition of relevant coursework in the Ph.D. program consistent commensurate with that required for advancement to candidacy. Other qualifications will be considered upon request. Two letters of recommendation are required, one from the research mentor. Priority will be given to candidates with a USC affiliation and other candidates will be considered as space permits.
Formal application via USC Office of Graduate Admission’s online portal is required.
- Completed online application.
- Statement of purpose (approximately 500 words): Tell us where you came from, where you are going to, and how enrolling in the Translational Biotechnology Program may help you reach your academic or career goals.
- Resume or CV: There is no specific format requirement for Resume or CV.
- Letters of recommendation (minimum two): We accept letters from both academic and professional evaluators. At least one of the letters should address your bioscience aptitude. For current postdoctoral scholars and Ph.D. students, one of the letters must be from research mentor. All letters must be on the letterhead of the organization or department.
- Transcripts from ALL previously attended post-secondary institutions regardless of whether a degree was obtained.
- Applicants considered for admission may be interviewed (in person or via video conferencing) with program director and/or other faculty
Apply now at Office of Graduate Admission
- Application deadline for Fall 2019:
- Master of Science in Translational Biotechnology: August 1, 2019
- Graduate Certificate in Translational Biotechnology: August 1, 2019
- Graduate Certificate in Translation and Entrepreneurship in Biomedical Sciences: August 15, 2019
- International students requiring visa processing: June 15, 2019